Alkali Manufacturers Association of India (AMAI) is an apex body representing the entire Indian alkali Industry, comprising manufacturers of caustic soda, soda ash and chlorine.
AMAI was established in 1960 & registered in 1977 as a Not-for-profit Company under Section 25 of Companies Act, 1956.
AMAI works closely with the government, regulatory bodies and other organisations as a knowledge partner on this industry segment. The Association actively engages in networking and partnerships with trade organisations in India (ICC, FICCI and CII) and at the international level. AMAI is a Member of the World Chlorine Council (which has presence in about 28 countries, covering 90% world chlorine capacity) and also works closely with Euro-Chlor and The Chlorine Institute.
The Association is managed by an Executive Committee headed by a President and supported by a Vice President and Members who are elected every year. The Secretariat of the Association assists the Executive Committee in the functioning and managing the affairs of the association. The secretariat is headed by a Secretary General.
The Executive Committee is also assisted by a Technical Committee and a Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Committee.
- Promote consistent development of Alkali products.
- Fully integrate principles of sustainable development.
- Act from Local, Regional & Global perspectives to sustain the industry.
- Improve Chlorine Safety Performance.
- Encourage Members to continuously improve performance through various methods including Responsible Care..
- Promote Resource Conservation.
- Promote sound management of Chemicals.
- Disseminate information on rules, regulations, laws, Govt. notifications, Technological Developments and ensure compliance..
- Educate Industry on current & emerging global issues impacting industry & Environment through Seminars/ Conferences/Plant Visits.
- Address important areas like Sustainability of Chlorine Chemistry through Chlorine molcule campaign.
Our Company Identification Number U74899DL 1994GAT056812