Alkali Manufacturers Association of India (AMAI)
was established in 1960 and incorporated in 1977 as a not-for-profit organisation under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956.
The principal products manufactured by the industry are Caustic Soda, Soda Ash and PVC, and the by-products are Chlorine and Hydrogen.
AMAI actively interfaces with the government and other agencies at the Centre and State levels. The Association also works closely with international professional bodies like the World Chlorine Council, Euro Chlor, Chlorine Institute and is also represented in these organisations.
Represent the Indian Alkali and Chlorovinyl industries nationally and globally and facilitate the industry’s technological and economic growth, continuous improvement in protecting human health and environment, guided by sound science, technology and risk management principles. AMAI will achieve this by proactively promoting the industry through practices that are fair, inclusive and sustainable.
- Promote sustainable growth and development of the Indian alkali industry
- Holistic development considering the local, regional & global perspectives to sustain the industry
- Improve Chlorine Safety Performance
- Encourage Members to continuously improve performance through various methods including Responsible Care
- Promote Resource Conservation
- Promote sound management of Chemicals
- Disseminate information on rules, regulations, laws, Govt. notifications, Technological Developments and ensure compliance
- Educate Industry on current & emerging global issues impacting industry & Environment through Seminars/ Conferences/Plant Visits
- Address important areas like Sustainability of Chlorine Chemistry through Chlorine molecule campaign
AMAI endeavours to promote the growth of the alkali and Chlorovinyl industries and thereby contributing to the country’s economic growth.
The Association organises conferences, seminars, training sessions regularly. AMAI’s focus activities and publications include:
- Research studies and reports.
- Reference books, manuals and guidelines
- Annual industry statistics
- Monthly magazine, Alkali Bulletin
- Publications on Safety